Thursday 21 July 2011

Doctor Who: An Unearthly Child: First Draft Parody Script


It's always more difficult to parody something I like but I wanted to have an affectionate look at the Dr Who series. This is a piece of television and sci fi history and I recommend watching classic Who if you haven't before.



Opens with a policeman walking through the London streets as he wanders where this great new theme tune is coming from.

Policeman Actor    
Ooh I’m getting a mysterious intro this show could make me big.

Tardis
Actually this is my mysterious into.

Policeman Actor
Oh. Well I’ll still remember this moment with fondness.

Cut to Susan’s school.

Barbara
I’m worried about Susan she appears intelligent.

Ian
She might still meet a man who loves her despite that.

Barbara
I don’t mean that I’m worried about her home conditions. She live in a junk yard.

Ian
We could try social services?

Barbara
In the 60s? They’re not what they will be. I think we should stalk her.

Ian
Ok nothing morally wrong with that I guess… We could talk to her?

Barbara
Oh but I want to do some stalking.

Ian
Well if we notice one more strange thing about her…

Barbara
She’s listening to some stange new age music.

Ian
That will do.

 

Cut to the junkyard which is still being patrolled by a police man. Street policing isn’t what it used to be.

Doctor
Move along nothing to see here.

Barbara
Ok Officer… wait a minute you’re not a policeman.

Ian
You’ve got Susan locked up in a police box.

Barbara
How ironic.

Susan
What’s going on?

Ian
What? It’s bigger on the inside.

Doctor
Oh please say something original.

Susan
But grand father no one has ever said that before.

Doctor
My Dear child, you’re not thinking fourth dimensionally.

Barbara
What is this?

Susan
I name it Tardis. Remember I get the credit for that name Tardis. Tardis. Tardis.

Ian
Lets get out of here, this can’t be possible. Wait this impossible door has us locked in.

Doctor
Hahahaha

Barbara
Wow that’s a really sinister laugh. You can’t be the shows hero surely?

Doctor
Well I’m going to keep you prisoner but it’s for the good of your world. Bad things could happen with the very idea of a Tardis.

Ian
Haven’t you read any of our science fiction? We have lots of crazy ideas that doesn’t mean we’ll invent.

Doctor
Enough! I need some adventure not constant debate. I’m taking you to a far away place, in time and space.

Ian
But you’ll be able to bring us back here?

Doctor
Ha! I’m not even sure where here is. I’m rather new at this. Now where’s the indicators?


Fin



 
Copyright © Nathan Groves http://wondersandparodies.blogspot.com/
This Work Is Not To Be Reproduced With Out Permission.

1 comment:

BettyBoop said...

Great idea, Nathan....Thanks again

Post a Comment