Sunday 14 August 2011

Doctor Who The Edge Of Destruction: First Draft Parody Script




Part 1 The Edge Of Destruction

Opens with our plucky travellers sprawled about the Tardis after being knocked out. Ian at least had the sense to do it in a comfy chair.

Susan
My neck hurts.

Barbara
You probably fell awkwardly.

Susan
No there must be more meaning to it.

Barbara
If you say so. Now run and get us some water.

Susan
We’re not at school anymore, get it yourself. Who am I kidding in the 60s kids respected their elders. Although being a Time Lord am I older than them? Oh I’ll just get the water.

Ian
What’s going on is this a new story? I need to stretch my acting.

Barbara
You need to act strange.

Ian
I think I can manage that.

Susan
Not as well as me. Hath at thee!

Ian
Oh no she’s threatening me with a pair of sharp scissors. We’re going to get so many complaints for that.

*****

Ian
Do you know where we are Doctor?

Doctor
Where is not as important as why?

Ian
Maybe but it would be nice to know one or the other.

Barbara
Do you think something could have entered the ship?

Doctor
No what an absurd theory. We’re more likely to crash into the Titanic.

Ian
Well is it mechanical then, couldn’t you have had the ship serviced before you left?

Doctor
I don’t know. I just don’t know. Come on sexy tell me what is wrong with you.

Barbara and Ian
What did you just say?

Doctor
Err nothing…We must take a look outside the ship.

Barbara
Good idea I really need to get out of this creepy place.

Doctor
I’m afraid that’s not possible this is a bottle show we’ll just have to stick some pictures on the screen. Here are some of our holiday snaps and look a shot of space.

Ian
I’m surprisingly under whelmed.

Doctor
Well being confused I’ve now decided the threats inside the Tardis. It is you! You sabotaged the ship so I’d take you back to England.

Barbara
That’s ridiculous. That’s exactly what we want you to do but your still being ridiculous. Oh no the clocks melted and so are our watches… kind of.

Audience
We wish they’d actually said that some of us didn’t even notice.

Doctor
Hmm this is a mystery I think we need a tea break.



Part 2 The Brink Of Disaster

Doctor
He tried to attack me.

Barbara
He’s fainted isn’t it about time you had some heart. This happened when he went near the control panel.

Doctor
I still blame you even though I let Ian touch the controls with no real training. We must put them you off the ship even if we are in the middle of space.

Barbara
I’m not sure if that’s you acting crazy or not?

Doctor
You’re right I’ll change my ways. I must gain some audience approval. We must work together we are on the brink of destruction.

Barbara
You mean the brink of disaster?

Ian
Or the edge of destruction?

Doctor
Yes, yes the whole thing is confusing.

*****

Ian
Is the Tardis alive?

Doctor
Hmmm maybe the power is moving the column.

Susan
But then why is it risking our lives?

Doctor
It’s been giving us clues to help. Perhaps it can think like a machine.

Ian
It doesn’t think like a beautiful woman then?

Doctor
Well hopefully one day it will.

Barbara
The door keeps opening but nothings there. Where are we?

Doctor
It must be the beginning of a solar system if the energy of the Tardis is trying to escape. It seems my Tardis is very adventurous.  It’s a shame we can’t afford the visuals that would look really good.

Barbara
Has anyone asked the obvious question yet? What were you doing just before the accident happened?

Doctor
No, no one has asked that really obvious question. I hit the fast return switch and what do you know the springs broken.

Ian
Are you telling us we could all die whenever one switch has a fault?

Doctor
Oh it’s just one of those glitches I need to do some work to the Tardis.

Ian
Like making proper labels instead of marking things with felt tip pens?

Doctor
Exactly! So then now we’re all friends let us go to our next destination.

Barbara
It’s strange I never get the feeling we’re travelling anywhere.

Doctor
I’m sure that in future we’ll develop more advanced time travelling effects.

Barbara
Shaky cam?

Doctor
Shaky cam.

The doors open

Barbara
Well with all the time and money we saved on this episode the next one most be really special. I’m sure it will be another classic enjoyed for decades to come.

BBC archive department
Err yeah about that…





Copyright © Nathan Groves http://wondersandparodies.blogspot.com/
This Work Is Not To Be Reproduced With Out Permission.
Image property of the bbc

No comments:

Post a Comment